We are in recess. In the gap between:
- The wet weather and what’s to come
- July and September
- The Olympics and the Paralympics
- The Euro Crisis and its eventual resolution
- Taking off the honey and extracting it
- Writing an action on the “to-do” list and doing the things you need to do so you can cross it off
- Birth and Death
- …X…. and ….Y….
Yet with all the tensions in life and all the things that we are somehow in the middle of completing, I find it more and more interesting to search the space between. And to settle, for a moment, here and now, into a state of stillness. A state of mild contemplation of what the gap looks like between these different tensions.
If you have had your holidays, I hope they were good! If you are not going on holiday, hope you have a future one to look forward to! And if, like me, you are still to go away, then enjoy the experience and the space between going away and coming back!
The answer, after all, lies in the space between!
Image Copyright iStockPhoto: Illustration 000019183913